Remote Debugging with Coldfire

Steve Holle sholle at link-comm.com
Wed Oct 27 14:12:17 UTC 2004

We are using a similar environment.  What I'm really looking for is a way
of debugging using gdb over the network connection so we don't have to take
apart the failing unit to install a BDM.  As I understand it, the Coldfire
MCF5272 allows BDM commands to be executed from the core.  I'm looking at
librdbg in the RTEMS tree right now but don't know yet if it's been ported
to the Coldfire and if not, what is involved in doing so.

Anyone out there done this?

At 04:44 PM 10/26/2004, Chris Johns wrote:
>Steve Holle wrote:
>>Does anyone have gdb working over a network with a Coldfire and RTEMS?
>
>I use a hybrid environment of BDM + network where My Right Boot downloads
>the image and halts the processor on the entry point. This way I get fast
>downloads of my 1M to 2M images and BDM debugging.
>
>I do not know of a stub for remote ethernet debugging if BDM is not connected.
>
>--
>  Chris Johns

Steve Holle
Link Communications, Inc.