New CVS Module(Dot Diagrams) for RTEMS

Fri Oct 29 19:51:56 UTC 2004

Eric Norum wrote:
> Chris Caudle wrote:
>
>>> I have been playing with dot in my voluminous free time. <sarcasm>
>>

>> Neither google nor sourceforge had any relevant information on "dot."
>> What is this "dot" that you mention?
>

> Do a search on GraphViz

It is a program that "compiles" written descriptions of diagrams and
graphs into various viewable formats.  It is a very simple diagramming
language and is used by Doxygen for its diagrams.  You can even create
the mapped images used on a webserver.  Here is an extemely simple
example I just whipped up:

digraph example {
   node [shape=ellipse];

   node1 -> node2 -> {node3; node4};
}

$ dot -T png example_simpletree.dot >example_simpletree.png

gives you a PNG.