rtems 4.6.0pre5: memory leak after deleting a task used printf

Tue Oct 19 11:19:05 UTC 2004

Valery Pykhtin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> It seems there is a memory leak when deleting a task used printf.
>
> I created the test:
>
> 1. Calculating the amount of free/used blocks in c heap using
> _Heap_Get_information.
> 2. Starting new task
> 3. Task does printf and selfdeletes
> 4. Calculating the amount of free/used blocks in c heap using
> _Heap_Get_information.
> 5. Comparing values before starting a task with values after.
> 6. Goto point 1

If newlib is allocating the memory implicitly, then the
thread-exit delete extension in cpukit/libcsupport/src/newlibc.c
should be doing or calling something that frees it.  Look at
that code and see if it is missing something.

This wouldn't be the first time that newlib allocated memory
that it's clean up routines did not account for.