Cygwin/ERC32 Question

Thu Sep 9 13:40:48 UTC 2004

I know that there have been problems even building on Cygwin but
I managed to do it on my laptop and now have another question.

Is anyone using the prebuilt binary for sparc-rtems-gdb for 4.6.1?
Is it just me or is the simulator about 100 times slower on Cygwin
than under Linux?

hello world runs nearly instantly on a (admittedly faster) Linux
box and seems to take minutes under Cygwin on the laptop.

The laptop is only a 700 Mhz P3 with 128 MB RAM.  I know it shouldn't
scream but this is ridiculous.  It also boots Fedora so I guess I
will try it there also just to verify it is Cygwin and not the laptop
itself.

Any experiences to share?