powerpc/helas403 linkcmd question

Smith, Gene gene.smith at siemens.com
Thu Sep 9 22:56:50 UTC 2004

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the quick answer!

Since I have your ear, maybe you can answer another question regarding
the ppc4xx startup code. In both helas and gen405 in file dlentry.S
right before calling boot_card they set the stack pointer with an offset
of -56-4 while the helas flashentry uses just -56. What is the
significance of the -4 in the dlentry's?  The comments don't explain the
-4 (or lack of -4 in flashentry for helas).  Also, I assume the 56 is a
stack framesize? (I am just now learning about this ppc thing. :) )

-gene