cygwin build_alias issue (and a possible workaround...)

Chris Johns cjohns at cybertec.com.au
Mon Sep 13 08:05:27 UTC 2004

Bogdan Vacaliuc wrote:

> See http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2004-09/msg00570.html for the latest on the "build_alias" issue.
> There is a simplified test methodology now.
>
> I must suspend my debug effort for the time being.

I am running your test-configure with a clean install of :

   MinGW-3.1.0-1.exe
   MSYS-1.0.10.exe
   msysDTK-1.0.1.exe

which can be downloaded from http://www.mingw.org/. This is on WindowsXP
Pro, P4. No cygwin installed. I ran the script with cmd.exe paths to
MSYS and MinGW set and from a cmd.exe prompt with:

  > sh ./test-configure

The test has run 1000 times without any errors. I was also able to build
RTEMS as M68K multilib with Cybertec Crossfire tools for RTEMS (MinGW
based) on XP.

Your script also works on the WinME box (not Win98 anymore) passing over
100 times while the original bug I posted to MinGW still occurs.

I hope this helps.

--
  Chris Johns