File system questions

Alan Cudmore Alan.P.Cudmore at nasa.gov
Wed Sep 15 20:33:41 UTC 2004

I'm doing a little bit of research on File systems under RTEMS and I
have a couple of questions:

1. It looks like the two supported file system types are IMFS and the
FAT file system. Does IMFS require a ram block device to operate, or
does it just operate on an area of RAM?

2. Can the FAT file system be used on a RAM disk block device or is it
supposed to be used only on physical media such as a hard disk?

3. Is there an example of how I can create a RAM disk block device,
format a DOS FS on top of it, and mount it? How about for an IMFS file
system?

Thanks,
Alan