telnetd

Steve Holle sholle at link-comm.com
Thu Sep 16 14:43:51 UTC 2004

Can anyone tell me how to enable telnetd ?  I've used the same technique I
used on the other network functions as shown in the code below :

         #ifdef ENABLE_NETWORKING
                 std::cout << "  Starting  : Network Initialization..." <<
std::endl ;
                 std::cout.flush() ;
           rtems_bsdnet_initialize_network ();
                 std::cout << "  Completed : Network Initialization." <<
std::endl << std::endl ;
                 std::cout.flush() ;
         #endif

         #ifdef ENABLE_FTPD
                 std::cout << "  Starting  : FTP Initialization..." <<
std::endl ;
                 std::cout.flush() ;
           rtems_initialize_ftpd();
                 std::cout << "  Completed : FTP Initialization." <<
std::endl ;
                 std::cout.flush() ;
                 unsigned long temp = (unsigned long)&TARFILE_SIZE ;
           status = Untar_FromMemory((unsigned char *)(&TARFILE_START), temp);
         #endif

         #ifdef ENABLE_WEB_SERVER
                 std::cout << "  Starting  : Webserver Initialization..."
<< std::endl ;
                 std::cout.flush() ;
           rtems_initialize_webserver();
                 std::cout << "  Completed : Webserver Initialization." <<
std::endl ;
                 std::cout.flush() ;
         #endif

         #ifdef ENABLE_TELNETD_SERVER
                 int rtems_initialize_telnetd ( void ) ;
                 std::cout << "  Starting  : Telnet Initialization..." <<
std::endl ;
                 std::cout.flush() ;
           rtems_initialize_telnetd();
                 std::cout << "  Completed : Telnet Initialization." <<
std::endl ;
                 std::cout.flush() ;
         #endif

I can find the source for rtems_initialize_telnetd  in the source tree but
when I try to build I get the following error :

C++ compiling /tcb2/source/BuildDateTime.cc...
Creating tcb2-debug.elf (linking)...
ConfigureNetwork.o: In function `ConfigureNetwork()':
ConfigureNetwork.o(.text+0x654): undefined reference to
`rtems_initialize_telnet
d()'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [tcb2-debug.elf] Error 1
make: *** [build] Error 2

It appears that telnetd is not included in the rtems build but I can't
figure out how to get it included.

Any ideas?

Steve Holle
Link Communications, Inc.