Not quite (Cygwin build_alias bug hunt)

Scott Newell newell at cei.net
Sat Sep 18 17:17:41 UTC 2004

I tried Bogdan's suggestion of building bash from source.  Grabbed the
bash-2.05b source and patches from:

ftp://aeneas.mit.edu/pub/gnu/bash/

and another promising looking patch mentioned on the Cygwin list:

While the last patch didn't apply cleanly (something's changed in the
configure script, I guess), the C source mods went in.

$ patch < ../../bash_patch/diff.txt
patching file configure
Hunk #1 FAILED at 19323.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file configure.rej
patching file execute_cmd.c
patching file jobs.c
patching file jobs.h
patching file subst.c
Hunk #1 succeeded at 3450 (offset 1 line).
Hunk #2 succeeded at 3715 with fuzz 1 (offset 1 line).

I then tried Bogdan's test--ran a few hundred iterations, then hung on my
work machine.  Oh, this machine is still running the 9-14 snapshot
cygwin1.dll, which has helped.

--
newell