File system from list of files?

Peter Dufault dufault at hda.com
Wed Sep 22 04:29:37 UTC 2004

I did some searching but didn't see the answer -

Is there a utility that I can run on Unix (or whatever development host
I'm using) where I can specify a list of files, and the utility will
generate C code that will implement a read-only POSIX filename file
system under RTEMS?

I'd like to be able to say "rtems_files -o config.c /config/foo1
/config/foo2" (or much worse "RTEMS_FILES /O config-c C:\config\foo1
C:\config\foo2") on the host and wind up with a config.c  source that I
can link into my rtems task, call at init time, and that will let me:

fopen("/config/foo1", "r");

successfully. /config/foo1 should be rom-based (C language const based
which one can hopefully romify).

If not, I'd like input as to how such a utility should work, and even
better since I'm busy, input as to why such a utility isn't needed.  (I
don't want constant access to a network so that can't be part of why it
isn't needed.)

Peter

Peter Dufault
HD Associates, Inc.