pty

Fernando RUIZ CASAS correo at fernando-ruiz.com
Wed Sep 22 07:22:13 UTC 2004

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 11:54:51 -0600
  Steve Holle <sholle at link-comm.com> wrote:
> I think I'm missing something that is probably obvious
>to most of you but I'm banging my head against the wall.
>
> We have a small system with an in memory file system and
>I am trying to get telnetd and pty up.  We have the pty
>device driver installed and telnetd up and running and I
>can connect and get to the "login" point.  No matter what
>I enter for a login and password I get back "Login
>incorrect."  I've tried Anonymous and anonymous and root
>with no password.

Hi,
  'root' is the root user and 'rtems' is the not
privileged user.

  It's necesary a crpyt() function not included in the
tree sources to add a password system.

  But which kind of crypt() DES,MD5,... Now, only a user
name is mandatory.

  In libmisc/shell/shell.c you can see the login process.
  And add all yours modifications in order to improve the
login process.

  The module isn't  wonderful but you can add custom
commands to debug with a telnet console.

  I don't had gdb availiable and the serial or telnet
console were my way to see the internal RTEMS status.

  When I developped this module my idea was to open a
window for RTEMS with standard software (linux/windows)
but not a compatible login process. sorry.

> How do I set up passwords in rtems?  Is there a default
>login/password that I'm missing?  I understand I probably
>need a passwd file but have no idea how to add it to the
>project and how I would add passwords to it.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Steve Holle
> Link Communications, Inc.
> 1035 Cerise Rd.