RTEMS build error.

Eugeny S. Mints emints at ru.mvista.com
Fri Sep 24 10:26:44 UTC 2004

Hi Simone,

Simone Finotti wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm trying to build RTEMS, with 'arm-rtems' as target. I've configured
> it - correctly, I think - but when I launch 'make all', after some
> minutes, I get this error:
> 'opt/rtems-4.6/lib/gcc-lib/arm-rtems/3.2.3/../../../../arm-rtems/bin/ld:
> region FLASH is full (o-optimize/pppd.obj section .text).'

Check linkcmds file for this architecture. There is FLASH section
somewhere in the linkcmd with start address and size specified for
section FLASH. Check which sections (.text, .data, etc) go into the
FLASH. Due to your log I suggest .text section goes into FLASH and since
you have pppd configured the .text section size is quite huge and linker
stops with this error since there is no enough room into your FLASH to
store the code.

You may want to get familiar with linkcmds file format - as I remember
the pretty good description exists somewhere in RTEMS documentation.

			Eugeny