error 105

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Thu Sep 30 21:49:25 UTC 2004

Steve Holle wrote:
> I'm trying to get BOOTP running, and when I enable it I get the following :
>
> RTEMS: BOOTP call failed -- error 105
>
> Where would I find out what error 105 is?

To find I do:

  $ cd rtems/cpukit
  $ grep -r "BOOTP call failed" *
  libnetworking/nfs/bootp_subr.c: panic("BOOTP call failed -- error %d",
error);

> Any idea what's causing it?

Then looking at the code I see it is an error code from the function
'bootpc_call'. Another grep shows this function is in the same file, and
looks like it is the result of calls to socket type functions.

A look in errno.h gives:

  #define ENOBUFS 105     /* No buffer space available */

I see 'bootp_call' returns this value if no mbufs are available.

It your networking code ok ?

--
  Chris Johns