powerpc/helas403 linkcmd question

Thomas Doerfler Thomas.Doerfler at imd-systems.de
Thu Sep 9 15:00:56 UTC 2004

Hello Gene,

hmmm, I should know that because I adapted the
ppc403 support to my helas403 board, but actually...
I have no idea.

I guess, I used the first 64kByte for a debug
monitor and therefore relocated the vectors a bit up
in the memory map. The PPC4xx family has the ability
to relocate the vectors on any 64k boundary.

I don't see any reason to leave it there, so feel
free to remove the ".fill" section. Just make sure
you move the ".vectors" section by 64k.

wkr,
Thomas.

> I was wondering if anyone knows why the helas403 bsp linkcmds skips over
> the beginning 64k of ram before locating the vectors section at
> 0x00010100?  It says it is "IMPORTANT" but not why. Is this just
> something specific about the helas403 board? I plan to just locate my
> 405gpr vectors section at 0x00000100 like the gen405 seems to do.
>
> Thanks,
> -gene

D-82178 Puchheim          Germany
email:    Thomas.Doerfler at imd-systems.de