Attachments and the rtems-users mailer...

Bogdan Vacaliuc bvacaliuc at ngit.com
Mon Sep 13 03:31:41 UTC 2004

Hi Joel,

> > (The rtems list mailer keeps rejecting my posts due to the
> > attachments; and I havent figured out a better way to
> satisfy both the
> > rtems and cygwin mailers.  Maybe I shouldn't cc: the lists...)
> >

> There is a limit on the size of attachments to the RTEMS
> list.  It is 100000 bytes.  DId you trip it?
>
> You also have to send from a subscribed address.

No, the attachments were small, below are excerpts from the failure notice.  I was attaching text files this time.  My mailer
wrapped them into a octet-stream content type instead of text/plain.  Earlier, it had rejected a tar.gz file for the same reason.  I
switched preferences to uuencode and the rtems mailer liked that.  Unfortunately, the cygwin archiver put the uuencode inline
instead of a link to the file, which was ugly in the archives.  I went back to the default and decided to just reference the cygwin
archive this time.

If I had a better mail client [which shall remain nameless (as if you couldn't figure it out already... ;) ], I probably wouldn't
have these problems and be looking like a fool all the time.

I suppose there's a good reason for filtering out octet-stream attachments?

Thanks,

-bogdan

--- from the failure notice ---

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at rtems.com.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses. This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it
didn't work out.

<rtems-users at rtems.com>:
ezmlm-reject: fatal: Sorry, a message part has an unacceptable MIME Content-Type: application/octet-stream (#5.2.3)

[snip]

------=_NextPart_000_0152_01C49911.5A537850

Hello again,

[snip]