cygwin build_alias issue (and a possible workaround... really this time...)

Bogdan Vacaliuc bvacaliuc at ngit.com
Wed Sep 15 03:15:01 UTC 2004

Gene, Scott, everyone,

Chris Faylor has made a new cygwin snapshot that is showing promising results for me so far.  (150 iterations of configure-test, and
two successful configure/builds of mips-rtems-csb350).

Would those of you with their build environments setup under cygwin, please download and install the 09/14/04 snapshot (of the
/bin/cygwin1.dll) from:
http://www.cygwin.com/snapshots/

Instructions are here:
http://cygwin.com/faq/faq_2.html#SEC20

And let us know how the new snapshot fares against the test script and the configure/build itself on your systems.

I'm not sure what to make of the /bin/sh.exe, /bin/bash.exe thing for now.  I have also noticed increased likelyhood of configure
failure when sh.exe <= bash.exe.  I am running my tests with stock /bin/sh.exe as ash.  [the configure scripts appear to figure out
that they want bash and invoke themselves thusly]

I we may be shaking this thing loose...  :)

-bogdan