telnetd

Fernando RUIZ CASAS correo at fernando-ruiz.com
Mon Sep 20 10:34:54 UTC 2004

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 11:28:30 -0500
  "Joel Sherrill <joel at OARcorp.com>"
<joel.sherrill at OARcorp.com> wrote:
> Steve Holle wrote:
>> At 02:27 AM 9/17/2004, Fernando RUIZ CASAS wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>   But you must put attention.
>>>
>>>   When the session is closed a delete_task_var in
>>>automatic free when
>>> close can crash the memory.
>>>   This is a bad behavior for this option.
>>

>> I'm not sure I quite understand your message.  Am I
>>using the
>> rtems_initialize_telnetd(); incorrectly?
>
> When a task is deleted, the RTEMS task variable code
>calls a
> user provided destructor on the variable.  The code in
>telnetd
> was not updated after it was changed (if I remember
>correctly)
> from a * to a ** passed in.  I think that's what he is
>referring
> to.
>
>Fernando.. have you moved?  I didn't remember you being
>in
>France.

Hi, I'm in France.
The comment is about a lot of changes had in the
libio_private_env.
The task var delete free option (destructor) in automatic
mode passed like parameter in the rtems_create_task_var
crash.
But this is a concern related by Till Staumam with his
telnetd V 1.1 and there he proposes an forever = TRUE in
order to avoid the system crash when the logout kill the
task and the task var variable (private session
environment).

See you.