RTEMS-mvme5500 BSP available

Mon Sep 20 22:02:41 UTC 2004

Feng, Shuchen wrote:
> Joel Sherrill wrote :
>

>>Kate... Is this an official submission at this point?
>

> May I know what is the requirement of the official submission ?

Source code is the first and most obvious one.

The second is permission.  This involves you transmitting the
code to the RTEMS Project via email, ftp to incoming, etc..
The source code must have appropriate licensing and
redistribution requirements.  Given that you are submitting
a BSP, the license should be standard RTEMS -- GPL with
exception.

The third is practical.  I don't want to merge any code
before you think it is ready.

>>  THis looks like a pre-submission test snapshot again
>

> Yes, I was told it is OK to give the source code for people
> to test before it is put in the source tree.

OK.  Whenever you think it is ready.

> The web site is for document reference, which will get updated later.
> I wanted to post this message so that people know the
> source code  for the  RTEMS-mvme5500 BSP  is
> available  for evaluation upon request  to feng1 at bnl.gov.

Then it isn't ready for submission yet.  If it is "evaluation by
request", then it isn't open enough to include in RTEMS yet.