Ada Language Support in sparc-rtems-gdb

Per Dalgas Jakobsen rtems at knaldgas.dk
Thu Sep 23 18:48:27 UTC 2004

> FSF/GNAT in general is in poor shape (newer versions aren't even
> buildable) and so is Ada support in RTEMS.

Hmm, I have test-builded the 3.4.x series with C and Ada support on a
i386-Linux system, and of 3.4.1 Ada passed the ACATS tests with flying
colors (that goes for 3.4.2 as well - I don't know about the latest 3.4.3
prereleases though). However I must admit that I have not checked which
tests are actually included/excluded from the tests, but Ada is definitely
buildable and runnable.

> So if you should have managed to *run* any RTEMS Ada code you're
> probably further than anybody else on this planet ;)

I would like to help make it work with gcc-3.4.2. If I could just get a
couple of hints of just exactly what I should look out for, integrating
RTEMS with GCC, I would certainly give it a try.

I hope I'm eventually able to make two toolchains: a Cygwin/RTEMS and an
i686-Linux/RTEMS, with Ada and C support, but as stated, I don't know how to
get on with it.

In addition, I hope to get an ACATS up and running in a Windows/Bochs/RTEMS
environment, so it can be verified somewhat.

Best regards
Per