upcoming snapshot and 4.6.2

Ralf Corsepius ralf_corsepius at rtems.org
Tue Sep 28 02:19:04 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-09-28 at 02:46, Chris Johns wrote:
> Joel Sherrill <joel at OARcorp.com> wrote:
> >
> > Does anyone have any outstanding fixes they would like evaluated
> > for 4.6.2?  This is really the last call.

> I have a patch for the Coldfire to add the newer processor variants.
> I  do not think any code changes, rather a defines etc.
>
> This allows gcc-3.4 and higher to build RTEMS as multilib.

I am hesitant.

In general, rtems-4.6.x releases are supposed to be bug fix releases and
only support gcc up to the versions Joel currently ships (gcc-3.2.x).

So, in general, support for gcc-3.4 should go into rtems-4.7/CVS-trunk.

> Which branch are you rolling 4.6.2 from ?

All rtems-4.6.x series releases are supposed to be cut from
rtems-4-6-branch.

Ralf