USB support in RTEMS ?

Angelo Fraietta afraiett at bigpond.net.au
Tue Sep 28 20:33:36 UTC 2004

Joel Sherrill wrote:

> Simon Clubley wrote:
>
>> What is the current situation with USB support in RTEMS ?
>>
>> If there is no support currently (which there does not appear to be),
>> are there any plans to add it ?
>>
>> This is for the x86 platform.
>>
>> Thanks for any information,
>

> There is no functional USB stack for RTEMS at the moment.
>
> OAR has a partially completed port of the *BSD stack from
> a cancelled project.  Given that it is partially complete
> and we made $0 on the work, it is safe to assume we would love
> to get funded to finish it.

I understand completely. Although RTEMS is free, it is not a charity

> What devices are you interested in?

I am interested the standard HID devices. The device in particular that
I am interested is the P5 glove
http://listen.to/simulus/p5glove
I will look into trying to get some funding through an Arts grant (that
is how I paid for the DIMM PC ethernet)

--
Angelo Fraietta

PO Box 859