Filesystem vs malloc space

gregory.menke at gsfc.nasa.gov gregory.menke at gsfc.nasa.gov
Tue Apr 26 01:57:54 UTC 2005

Angelo Fraietta writes:

 > How do I reduce the amount of filesystem space and increase the amount
 > of space for malloc?
 > Why didn't the Filesystem space show the difference; or is it that the
 > call I made shows the total IMFS space- not the amount remaining.

While not a direct answer to you question, we ran into a similar
problem; using up the heap because of too many files.  We solved it by
putting a ramdisk with IMFS on it in some space memory, then mounting
it at startup.  Then all the file memory comes off the ramdisk and
doesn't disturb the heap.

Gregm