PPC405GP Ethernet Driver

Doyle, Bryon Thomas (Bryon) bdoyle at lucent.com
Wed Aug 3 13:29:04 UTC 2005

Hello again, I have managed to correct the previous flaw of my driver eating up all the available mbufs, thanks to everybody who gave their input. Now however I have a seemingly more insidious problem. I have been testing the driver using the netdemo application and setting up my host PC to constantly ping away at the board. I have noticed something rather strange, after a completely random interval of time the board hangs. I have had the board test for several hours, and then in other instances it hung after only a couple of minutes, the only constant is that sometime the board does eventually hang.  I am inclined to think that a memory leak is the problem but I have no clue where it could be. My mbuf usage is normal, and all the wrap bits and buffers for the hardware DMA access buffers are properly configured. Has anyone experienced a similar problem with RTEMS?

As always any help is appreciated, Thanks again.

Bryon Doyle
Bell Labs Summer Intern
Lucent Technologies