RTEMS-MVME5500 BSP v1.3 available

Tue Aug 9 17:48:16 UTC 2005

Kate Feng wrote:
> "Joel Sherrill " wrote:
>

>>Phillip Sorensen wrote:

>>>Is there a quick howto on using this particularly:
>>>
>>>1. Which version of the development tools and patches
>>>2. Which RTEMS release
>>>3. Where in the tree to unpack it, what patches/changes need to be
>>>applied to build.
>>
>>I would also really like to get the differences into RTEMS CVS ASAP
>>whether they are against CVS or 4.6.
>>

> I am still  using the RTEMS4.6.x  and  the tools I posted at
> http://www.rtems.com/ml/rtems-users/2005/february/msg00085.html

Do you know the difference between your 1.3 and what is on the
4.6 branch?

> I think all  one has to do  is to copy over the *.c and *.h files to
> the  4.7 version.

It is likely more than that.  The PCI and IRQ APIs are mostly unified at
this point.  In addition, there has been some cleanup and it is
not uncommon for files to have had an include of config.h added as
a minimum change.

> I will try to sync with the current CVS and new tools as soon as I
> managed to get more disk space on my PC.
> As I was passing by the New York city last week, I started to think that
> one might get better  performace on IRQ latency  and context switch
> using the new powerPC shared files and new compiler.

You mean it might be possible to squeeze even more performance out of
this BSP? :)  It is already doing well in the benchmarks.

--joel