Making FAT delete work

Camilo Alejandro Arboleda camilo.arboleda at spymac.com
Tue Aug 16 20:46:52 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm updating my application from RTEMS 4.5 to RTEMS 4.6.2. After some
work I made my flash driver work in the new version. But now I find that
'unlink()' doesn't work anymore.

As far as I can see, the problem is in the msdos_eval_path() function.
Before deleting the file, RTEMS try to check permissions for ".."
directory, but msdos_eval_path fails with 'ENOTDIR'. I want to copy the
IMFS functionality, but I'm not able to figure how to open the parent
node of a file on msdosfs.

Maybe I'm missing something. Is there someone who is using FAT support
and is able to delete files?

Thanks in advance,

Camilo Alejandro Arboleda