Making FAT delete work

Tue Aug 16 20:58:46 UTC 2005

Camilo Alejandro Arboleda wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm updating my application from RTEMS 4.5 to RTEMS 4.6.2. After some
> work I made my flash driver work in the new version. But now I find that
> 'unlink()' doesn't work anymore.
>
> As far as I can see, the problem is in the msdos_eval_path() function.
> Before deleting the file, RTEMS try to check permissions for ".."
> directory, but msdos_eval_path fails with 'ENOTDIR'. I want to copy the
> IMFS functionality, but I'm not able to figure how to open the parent
> node of a file on msdosfs.
>
> Maybe I'm missing something. Is there someone who is using FAT support
> and is able to delete files?

Is this PR744?  If so, there is an attached patch.  It was made versus
CVS but I don't see it applied to the CVS head.

If you can make it work and submit it as a patch against 4.6 and the CVS
head, it would be greatly appreciated.  This needs to be fixed.

I don't know what the issue was regarding this patch.  It is not
uncommon for me to wait until there is a patch against 4.6 and CVS head
if the issue applies to both.