Almost done

Phil Torre ptorre at zetron.com
Wed Aug 17 17:25:03 UTC 2005

On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at 12:12:15PM -0500, Camilo Alejandro Arboleda wrote:
> Ok,
>
> My migration to RTEMS 4.6 is almost ready. Now I have a problem with
> GDB. When I use gdb 5.2, I cannot inspect any variable. It says that it
> cannot convert floating point to non floating point.
>
> My application is written in C++, and I'm not sure if the changes in C++
> ABI in gcc could cause this. Is anybody using C++ as main language with
> RTEMS 4.6?

I'm working with C++ now using RTEMS 4.6.0 with gdb-5.2 and gcc-3.2.3,
and having the same problems.  (I don't get a message about floating
point, I just get "no locals" or "no matching symbol in this scope".)
It doesn't want to show me class member variables most of the time
either, but explicity prefixing the variable with "this->" usually
gets around that.

I found a post on some gcc mailing list which claimed that there were
known problems with C++ support and this particular combination of
gdb and gcc version.  I'm too deep in development to think about
changing tool versions right now, so I'm just dealing with it for the
time being.

-Phil

Phil Torre                               phone: 425-820-6363 x234
Design Engineer                          email: ptorre at zetron.com
Switching Systems Group                    fax: 425-820-7031
Zetron, Inc.                               web: http://www.zetron.com