Right GDB was Re: Almost done

Thu Aug 18 13:58:55 UTC 2005

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-08-18 at 08:31 -0500, Joel Sherrill  wrote:
>
>>This begs the question.. what is the "best" gdb for all
>>around RTEMS work when using gcc 4.0.1?
>
> Good question.
>
> Generally speaking, on all hosts (including linux), the latest (and
> later), esp. if C++ is involved.
>

>>It really needs to have working simulators for
>>powerpc (psim), sparc (erc32), and mips (jmr3904)
>>so we can test RTEMS.
>
> I don't know. To be tried and tested. Apparently, the simulators in GDB
> didn't have too much attention in recent years :(

That's what concerns me. That last time I put the effort into trying
a gdb 6.x, it turned out not to work on the first simulator BSP I tried.
That was a long time ago and I don't recall much else.

I suppose it is time to try gdb 6.3 and see what the current state of
the world is.

The gcc 4.0.1 RPMs need to finish first. :)

--joel