Freescale MPC8247 and/or MPC5200 port ?

Ed Sutter esutter at lucent.com
Thu Aug 18 14:13:59 UTC 2005

Victor,
Not sure of the similarity, but the micromonitor tarball has
a port to a MPC852t based board with FEC, ethernet and serial port
drivers (polled).  That may give you a start anyway.  I've hooked
RTEMS to micromonitor in the past, and it works out pretty well.

If useful, go to http://www.microcross.com/html/micromonitor.html
for a download point.
Ed

> Joel Sherrill <joel at OARcorp.com> wrote:
>
>> Victor V. Vengerov wrote:
>>
>>> Markku,
>>>
>>> We are planning BSP development for MPC5200 (5200Lite evaluation
>>> board) and have made some preliminary analysis for this work.
>>>
>>> It looks like MPC5200 architecture is quite new, so most drivers
>>> (serial, network, IDE, PCI, ...) and initialization code need to be
>>> developed from scratch. From other side, 603e core is already
>>> supported. We have not found BSP which is really similar to MPC5200
>>> one. So my advice is to start from scratch looking to other powerpc