problem with download rtems src release

Fri Aug 19 15:59:28 UTC 2005

Jeff Mayes wrote:
> Apparently, this has been a problem for a while, yet I didn't know about
> it until this morning.  Please let
> us (joel and I) know about administrative issues.  We may not be able to
> fix them all, but can't if we are
> unaware.
>
> While investigating this issue, I experienced the same problems
> described by Ian.  Joel and I were both
> accessing the ftp site from a remote facility external to the OAR
> firewall.  We could login but ls, dir, and
> pwd commands would not work.  Then, suddenly and "magically" it started
> working.  No changes were
> made to the system.  At the moment, it is working.  Please give it a try
> and let me know what happens.

Actually it always worked for me external to OAR but Jeff got weird
intermittent results.  One login acted right, the next did not.

The server has been rebooted and I just ftp'ed to the site from
Windows and Linux boxes from one domain, then logged into my
home server and tried it again via another path.  It looks OK
now.

--joel