cheap RTEMS/PowerPC platform [was: Re: Open Desktop Workstation]

Wed Aug 24 14:04:35 UTC 2005

Karel Gardas wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Aug 2005, Erwin Rol wrote:

>>> Perhaps because of "customer request"?
>>

>> Well it could have been a "we want RTEMS, because ..." kind of "customer
>> request" :-)
>

> True :-)

>>> True, but do you know any cheaper PowerPC-based hardware platform which
>>> might serve as a RTEMS/PowerPC starting point? I have spent some time
>>> searching around and found nothing.
>>

>> Hmm i have no idea what the mentioned hardware cost, so i can't answer
>> that question. But apple's mac mini is about 500USD which isn't that
>> expensive, when you want a general PowerPC.
>

> The problem is that IIRC it does not even provide serial port which is
> needed for serial console. Pegasos seems to provide one RS-232.
>
> BTW: Anobody here get RTEMS working on MOAB or CerfCube?
> http://www.tamsinc.com/3011/index.htm
> http://www.intrinsyc.com/products/mob_ref_sys/cerfcube_405_ep/index.asp

The Avnet evaluation board for the Coldfire that had a BSP submitted
recently is inexpensive.  Do they have any PowerPC boards like that?

The PegasusPPC mentioned CHRP.  The EP1A and MVME2100 appear to be
CHRP.  Would one of the existing BSPs come close to working?