Developent Environments for RTEMS

Jiri Gaisler jiri at gaisler.com
Fri Aug 26 19:10:18 UTC 2005

Our eclipse plugin is for free, it is only the ERC32 simulator
which costs money. We are in fact about to release a new
version of the plugin, compatible with the latest version
of eclipse and cdt. What you need is a gdb-stub that runs
on the target, like the rdbmon stub we provided with LECCS
(also free). If you have ethernet on your board, it would
probably be better to port the ethernet gdb server to the
sparc port.

Note also that we provide our plugin in full source
code (GPL), so you can modify it and tune at will.

Jiri Gaisler.

PS. My development environment is xvile + a couple of
     xterm/bash windows. Works equally well for both
     VHDL anc C. For serious problems, I also use grep .. :-)