still problem with new/old interrupts on PowerPC and CVS ?

Peter Dufault dufault at hda.com
Fri Aug 5 22:21:52 UTC 2005

On Aug 5, 2005, at 5:55 PM, Chris Johns wrote:

> It maybe a BSD specific include that serves no purpose but the BSD
> maintainers have not made that change. In OpenBSD the file is also
> just a single line to include <string.h> and has been since 1995.
>
> The only issue with removing the file and changing the BSD code
> currently in RTEMS is it appearing again in the source tree else
> where after someone ports some new BSD code to RTEMS or upgrades
> the existing code.

This relates to the issue of how RTEMS should appear to a given code
base.

In my case, I'm trying to adhere to POSIX standards for real-time
threaded systems. I'd like to use RTEMS, and assuming no magic pre-
defines before including <unistd.h>, I'd like RTEMS to show up as a
POSIX threaded environment.

OpenBSD needs to show up, without something like BSD_ENVIRONMENT
defined before <unistd.h>, as a more BSD environment than I think
RTEMS has to.

Peter