RTEMS4.7 PPC clock API (was Re: IRQ latency )

Kate Feng feng1 at bnl.gov
Mon Aug 15 13:17:23 UTC 2005

Peter Dufault wrote:

> I use the 64-bit Power-PC time counter, not the system clock, so the
> timings should be very accurate.

It sounds like a good idea to use  PowerPC TBL and TBU as
a default system clock instead of using the decrementer
since it reloads itself.

> In an earlier posting I said that if something resets that time
> counter I'm in trouble, but I'm 99.99% sure that the time counter is
> left alone.
>
> Till will tell.

Can the decrementer interrupt be disabled for RTEMS4.7 for
thoses  PPCs  with 64 bit timer since the time counter
is ideal to be used  as a system clock ?

Regards,
Kate