Create a CD bootable ISO file

Fri Aug 19 16:11:20 UTC 2005

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-08-19 at 05:28 -0700, Bsderss wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I have finally downloaded rtems-4.6.2. Is this the
>>latest release? It seems that it was released 10
>>months ago.
>
> Unfortunately, true.

There are still patches being checked into the 4.6 branch
if you want to go newer.  I do anticipate a future release
from that branch if for no other reason that to make sure
there is a final 4.6 release with fixes.  No date
unless you want to pay to get one. :)

>> How often does rtems get a new release?
>
> When it's ready ;)

Exactly.

> I hope we will see 4.7 snapshots in not too distant future and a
> 4.7-final in a couple of months - But giving any estimate would not be
> serious.

I am hoping that the new RPMS including binutils 2.16.1, gcc 4.0.1,
and some new gdb will provide a good toolset to baseline as the
4.7 toolset.

>>Since I downloaded all src to the freebsd platform.
>>How can I create a CD bootable ISO file of rtems in
>>the FreeBSD OS?
>
> This is off-topic for this list. You should ask on some FreeBSD list or
> forum.

You could also just run the pc386 BSP using bochs or qemu and not
totally reboot.