Developent Environments for RTEMS

Karel Gardas kgardas at objectsecurity.com
Fri Aug 26 14:28:40 UTC 2005

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005, Fabrício de Novaes Kucinskis wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> I'm using RTEMS with an ERC32 board. I'm creating programs using a regular
> text editor, and compiling by command line. Now I'm looking for something
> better, to improve our productivity.
>
> I know that Gaisler Research have an Eclipse plugin to develop to
> ERC32/Leon, but I can't pay for this at the moment. I would like to know
> other options. What do you use to develop to RTEMS?
>
> Can I configure Eclipse to compile to RTEMS? Do you know / use different
> IDEs?

Yes, if you play a bit with ``External Tools'' I'm sure you can convience
Eclipse CDT to compile RTEMS apps. IMHO it's not that difficult, just
matter of providing right command-line args to the right dialog boxes.

I had done the same in the past for OpenPMF's (http://www.openpmf.org) PDL
compiler and it was quite success.

Cheers,
Karel