RTEMS, RedBoot, and BSPs

Mills, John M. Mills.J at ems-t.com
Tue Dec 13 13:43:22 UTC 2005

All -

I now run Gnu/Linux-2.4 on Technologic Systems ARM boards
(TS-7200,TS-7250) and would like to try RTEMS on the same targets. The
boards are booted with RedBoot which (as I understand) provides board
support through its own hardware-adaptation layer (HAL). eCos is
available, also supported through RedBoot. (I haven't looked that
configuration in detail.)

What would I have to provide, or how can I hook to the existing support
layer, to run RTEMS on these boards? Are other RTEMS readers using TS
boards, and with what success?

Thanks for any background on this.

John M. Mills
Staff Engineer