GMS/GPS with RTEMS (former Re: GPRS with RTEMS)?

Sam samwun at telpacific.com.au
Fri Dec 16 11:37:23 UTC 2005

Chris Johns wrote:

> Sam wrote:
>

>> I just found out I made a serious typo and mistake in typing the name, I
>> really meant GSM/GPS rather.
>

> Ah yes, this is different.
>
>> I would like to know what kind of SBC (like
>> handheld small board) and software I can use for building a GSM/GPS
>> application based on RTEMS.
>

> It is difficult to comment as you do not detail the requirements of
> the application.
>
>> I found that  Intel® XScale™ uSBC from
>> http://www.cogcomp.com/ is a very efficient and powerful hardware can be
>> relied on. But Microcross does not offer development tools base on
>> RTEMS.
>> What is the effort of developing GSM/GPS application based on RTEMS and
>> port it over to a reliable and efficient platform like Intel® XScale™
>> uSBC?
>>
>> Any other alternativies?
>>

> Did you check the Wiki:
>
>  http://www.rtems.org/wiki/index.php/BoardSupportPackageInformation
>
> If you look under the ARM section and you will see references to
> Cogent boards. I just added links to the Wiki to Cogent's web site.

Hi, just look into the price of these boards, its development kits are
so expensive. Do I need to purchase the development as well? or just
purcahse the board? Besides, it seems that I have to purchase 5 boards
in one order, that is too much money for me..

Is there any alternative and compatible with RTEMS but cheaper than
XScale? I sitll not quite sure huge benefit that XScale brings in, any
relevant information is welcome.

Thanks
Sam