Headers in application makefiles

Fabrício de Novaes Kucinskis fabricio at dea.inpe.br
Wed Dec 21 13:15:49 UTC 2005

Hello,

As I said in my last question, I have an application with some .c files and
only one header, which I #include in all source files.

I noticed that "make" doesn't run when I change only the header. This is
because of the makefile, which doesn't inform that the source files depends
on the header. So, each time the header is changed, I have to clean the
current build before start a new one. As I'm using an IDE (Eclipse) I cannot
just create a batch file and run it - the IDE would not get the errors in
the build process.

I'm using a makefile based on the "hello_world_c" makefile, and I tried to
use DEPEND and "foo.o: foo.c foo.h", but with no success. How can I inform
that there's dependency to a header in RTEMS makefiles?

Thank you in advance,

Fabrício de Novaes Kucinskis - DEA / INPE