Toolchain advice needed (for nios2 port)

Waschk,Kolja rtems at telos.de
Mon Dec 5 15:06:01 UTC 2005

Hi, thanks for your comments!

> Is this target's toolchain inside of the FSF source tree?

Unfortunately not.

> If not, I'd strongly recommend to have this target's toolchain merged
> into the FSF's source tree.

Well, I consider this to be Altera's job... not just the merging but
especially the following maintenance (the knowledge is there, not here)

> The problems stems from you using an ancient version of newlib.

So assuming the toolchain itself must be modified, the newlib would be the
most important component to "upgrade" in the first place?

--
Mr. Kolja Waschk
telos EDV Systementwicklung GmbH - Schlueterstrasse 16 - D-20146 Hamburg