Fwd: configuring memory size

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Tue Dec 6 08:53:06 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-12-06 at 10:31 +0200, leonp at plris.com wrote:
> Hello, Thomas.
> > just as an additional idea: Some years ago I used the C preprocessor to
> > generate linker command files from a template. The benefit was, that I
> > could have ONE header file defining address/size information for the C
> > compiler and for the linker.
CPP is the tool of choice if actually processing source files implicitly
as part of compiler calls. Using cpp for textual substitutions isn't
necessarily a good idea.

Using any other standardized tool designed for this purpose would more
portable and easier to use in longer terms. I'd chose sed for this task.

Ralf