New MCF5282 BSP

Mike Bertosh mbertosh at motioncontrol.org
Tue Feb 1 21:23:44 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I am having trouble building rtems with the mcf5282 bsp that was added a few days
ago. When I run the makefile I get an error. Here is the output from the config.log file
where the error occurs:

configure:2945: $? = 0
configure:2947: m68k-rtems-gcc -V </dev/null >&5 m68k-rtems-gcc: argument to `-V'
is missing
configure:2950: $? = 1
configure:2973: checking for C compiler default output file name
configure:2976: m68k-rtems-gcc -m528x -O4 -fomit-frame-pointer   conftest.c  >&5
cc1: invalid option `528x'
configure:2979: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h.  */
| #define PACKAGE_NAME "rtems-c-src"
| #define PACKAGE_TARNAME "rtems-c-src"
| #define PACKAGE_VERSION "4.6.99.1"
| #define PACKAGE_STRING "rtems-c-src 4.6.99.1"
| #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT "rtems-bugs at rtems.com"
| /* end confdefs.h.  */
|
| int
| main ()
| {
|
|   ;
|   return 0;
| }
configure:3018: error: C compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.

It seems that the m528x option doesn't exist and I was wondering what needs to be
done to fix this problem. I have already re-installed the cross-compiler tool set and
made sure that this directory has been added to my PATH variable. Any help or
suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

-Mike Bertosh