powerpc-rtems-4.7-gcc-4.0 patch commited

Till Straumann strauman at slac.stanford.edu
Thu Feb 17 16:27:47 UTC 2005

Hi Ralf

Ralf Corsepius wrote:

>Hi,
>
>FYI: I have committed my powerpc RTEMS-gcc multilib patches to GCC's CVS
>trunk (aka. GCC-4.0).
>
>This patch introduces a completely new layout of powerpc multilibs:
>
># powerpc-rtems4.7-gcc --print-multi-lib
>.;@mrelocatable-lib at mno-eabi@mstrict-align
>m403;@mcpu=403 at mrelocatable-lib@mno-eabi at mstrict-align
>m505;@mcpu=505 at mrelocatable-lib@mno-eabi at mstrict-align
>m601;@mcpu=601 at mrelocatable-lib@mno-eabi at mstrict-align
>m603e;@mcpu=603e at mrelocatable-lib@mno-eabi at mstrict-align
>m604;@mcpu=604 at mrelocatable-lib@mno-eabi at mstrict-align

Why do we need a m604 (and possibly more CPU variants)? I thought
the #ifdefs testing for a CPU type in RTEMS have been cleaned up?

>m860;@mcpu=860 at mrelocatable-lib@mno-eabi at mstrict-align
>m7400;@mcpu=7400 at mrelocatable-lib@mno-eabi at mstrict-align

I don't see the altivec options here - I guess --print-multi-lib doesn't
show
all the active options?

>nof;@msoft-float at mrelocatable-lib@mno-eabi at mstrict-align
>m601/nof;@mcpu=601 at msoft-float@mrelocatable-lib at mno-eabi@mstrict-align
>m603e/mpc8260;@mcpu=603e at Dmpc8260@mrelocatable-lib at mno-eabi@mstrict-align
>m603e/nof;@mcpu=603e at msoft-float@mrelocatable-lib at mno-eabi@mstrict-align
>m603e/mpc8260/nof;@mcpu=603e at Dmpc8260@msoft-float at mrelocatable-lib@mno-eabi at mstrict-align
>m604/nof;@mcpu=604 at msoft-float@mrelocatable-lib at mno-eabi@mstrict-align
>m7400/nof;@mcpu=7400 at msoft-float@mrelocatable-lib at mno-eabi@mstrict-align

I definitively don't see the point of having a 604 and 7400 soft float
variant.

-- Till