Are PCI bridges automatically configured?

Peter Dufault dufault at hda.com
Fri Feb 25 20:15:48 UTC 2005

On Feb 25, 2005, at 3:04 PM, Joel Sherrill <joel at OARcorp.com> wrote:

> On a board with a nice Rom monitor like PPCBug, it is
> quite possible that it was initialized by the Bug.

If it was enabled by MOTLoad (the monitor on the MVME5500), then it has
a bug similar to RTEMS mvme5500 (arbitrarily limiting number of busses)
since the bus and device don't show up with pciShow (and other pciFoo)
commands in MOTLoad, but after increasing the number of busses in the
RTEMS source it is showing up in RTEMS using BSP_pciFindDevice.

I'm still not sure who enabled the bridge.

Peter

Peter Dufault
HD Associates, Inc.