MVME5500 PCI topology question

Peter Dufault dufault at hda.com
Mon Feb 28 21:13:37 UTC 2005

Does the MVME5500 have two separate, totally unrelated PCI busses - one
off of the Marvell GT6426 and the other off of the PLX PCI6154?  That
would go a long way to sorting out my confusion about the code in the
mvme5500 subdirectory.

That mvme5500 code definitely doesn't configure the DEC 21150 bridge
properly, though, I verified it never goes through the part of the code
where it enables "bus, I/O and memory master access" in pci.c for the
PMC cards on the bus downstream of the 21150.

Peter

Peter Dufault
HD Associates, Inc.