MVME5500 board support status?

Kate Feng feng1 at bnl.gov
Thu Feb 10 12:21:43 UTC 2005

Peter Dufault wrote:

> On Feb 9, 2005, at 3:42 PM, Peter Dufault wrote:
>
> > I don't see the MVME5500 code in CVS, and I didn't find discussion in
> > the mailing lists after the October '04 statement that the licensing
> > issues had been cleared up.
> >

> Never mind - I'm a dummy.  I was looking in my 4.6 CVS branch.  It's
> where it belongs in 4.7.

I have'nt tried the one in 4.7 yet.   I  heard about some difficulties
with the new version of GCC tools.  My understanding is that
it was not due to the BSP but perhaps the tools.   The tools I used for
the 4.6.0 version I posted on the WEB are :

  binutils-2.13.2.1
  gcc-3.2.2
  newlib-1.11.0
  automake-1.9.2  (from GNU site)
  autoconf-2.59   (from GNU site)

So far, our applications work fine with this.
It would be interesting to know how you work  out with
the one in 4.7.

Cheers,
Kate