ppc multlibs and BSP removal was Re: powerpc altivec support

Eric Valette eric.valette at free.fr
Fri Feb 11 19:44:53 UTC 2005

> As for the r2/r13 loading by the new exception processing code, sorry,
> but I leave it as an exercise for those who believe new exception
> processing is better than the old one.

I still do and still believe you don't get it but anyway as you only use
one platform, you cannot see how old execption code is broken...

> Let them change at least 5
> separate files with almost identical code. Well, if somebody believes
> something is inherently broken with such an approach to the software
> development, ask Eric Valette about it, or just read what he answered to
> a similar question before:
>
> <http://www.rtems.com/rtems/maillistArchives/rtems-users/2002/november/msg00167.html>

> If you use new exception processing, better make sure no code in your
> executable tries to change r2/r13 even temporarily while interrupts are
> enabled. I prefer to be on the safe side, so I stay with the old one for
> now.

Yes. At least you eat your own dog food. That's fair. Try to implement a
debugger with old execption processing or separate execption handling
(processor dependend) and IRQ handling (BSP dependend) as an exercice.

-- eric