ppc multlibs and BSP removal was Re: powerpc altivec support

Eric Valette eric.valette at free.fr
Mon Feb 14 20:06:16 UTC 2005

Sergei Organov wrote:

> Overall, there is nothing unique about PowerPC but the way things are
> currently implemented.

I totally disagree : things are implemented the way they are today
because old exception code was so broken and had so many feature in
ifdefs (no more used and not even compiling e.g gcc272, ...) that
modifying it for all platform was something I refused to do.

Now, I think motorolla_shared supports by itself  more platform than you
listed for old exception processing. And BTW, the same exception model
is used on Ix86 and the code is shared. The problem was that the powerpc
code and the old BSP were to different to unify anything.

And BTW do anything you want because I will no more use RTEMS on PPC. So
make any modification you want provided you support them.

--
    __
   /  `                   	Eric Valette

Tel: +33 (0)2 99 85 26 76	Fax: +33 (0)2 99 85 26 76
E-mail: eric.valette at free.fr