powerpc-rtems-4.7-gcc-4.0 patch commited

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Fri Feb 18 05:42:50 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-02-17 at 20:45 +0300, Sergei Organov wrote:
> Ralf Corsepius <ralf.corsepius at rtems.org> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > FYI: I have committed my powerpc RTEMS-gcc multilib patches to GCC's CVS
> > trunk (aka. GCC-4.0).
> >
> > This patch introduces a completely new layout of powerpc multilibs:
> >
> > # powerpc-rtems4.7-gcc --print-multi-lib
> [...]
> > m505;@mcpu=505 at mrelocatable-lib@mno-eabi at mstrict-align
>
> AFAIK there are no BSPs in the public source-tree that use mpc505 and/or
> mpc509. Seems to be yet another candidate for removal.

As others already said, there is one.

> [...]
> > m603e/mpc8260;@mcpu=603e at Dmpc8260@mrelocatable-lib at mno-eabi@mstrict-align
> > m603e/mpc8260/nof;@mcpu=603e at Dmpc8260@msoft-float at mrelocatable-lib@mno-eabi at mstrict-align
>
> Just curious: why don't you use
>
> mpc8260;@mcpu=603e at Dmpc8260@mrelocatable-lib at mno-eabi@mstrict-align
> mpc8260/nof;@mcpu=603e at Dmpc8260@msoft-float at mrelocatable-lib@mno-eabi at mstrict-align
>
> instead?
Because this is functionally identical to what is used now (All you do
is to move the files) and does not remove these multilibs. However your
proposal is technically more complicated to implement.
I chose to go the easy way.

The key to improve this situation would be to remove the dependencies on
-Dmpc8260 from cpukit - Unfortunately, this is not possible, yet.

Ralf