Error configuring RTEMS 4.7

Peter Dufault dufault at hda.com
Fri Feb 18 15:10:42 UTC 2005

On Feb 18, 2005, at 9:40 AM, Peter Dufault wrote:

> On Feb 18, 2005, at 9:21 AM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>
>> A bug in gm4, a bug in a freebsd port? This off topic for this list.
>>

> As I said, same exact set of tools I used in December, so worth asking
> on the list.  Is there a place that build-runs are archived so I can
> check that a given CVS snapshot is OK before I ask such an "off topic"
> question?

It is a bug in m4.  I tried the latest. On line 734, src/format.c of
GNU m4 1.4.2 it is doing:

sprint(str, fstart, ...

where str is on the stack as char str[256] (yuck) and fstart is
"-349%s", so it's writing spaces all over the stack.  I don't know why
this would be freebsd only.

Peter

Peter Dufault
HD Associates, Inc.